PLEASE READ AND BRING SIGNED TO YOUR FIRST LESSON
I offer private instruction in piano technique, theory, notation, sight-reading and chord study for early year students of all ages. The student will expand his or her musical horizons through classical and popular music and develop skills that make learning to play piano most enjoyable.
- Half hour lessons are $35 each. Tuition is $140 for a four-week lesson month and $175 for a five week lesson month.
- 45 minute lessons are $50 each. Tuition is $200 for a four-week lesson month and $250 for a five week lesson month.
Please bring a notebook and all music we are currently working on to every lesson!
Regular practice at home is essential so that the student masters the concepts learned. The actual length of practice time will vary. A practice session is complete when the student has worked to the best of his or her skill level on each part of the assignment on a given day.
Always arrive ON TIME for your lesson. Ten minutes late or more will be considered a no show with NO REFUND. Lessons during school breaks are by special arrangement only.
PAYMENT & CANCELLATIONS:
- Tuition statements are e-mailed for the month ahead. Payment is due at the first lesson of the month and must be paid on or before the 7th by cash or check. The cost of any new music will be included in the tuition statement.
- A $20 late fee will be charged for payments received after the 7th day of the month.
- NO REFUNDS for no-shows. If it is necessary to cancel or reschedule, I will schedule a make-up of one lesson per month on request at the time of cancellation if I am notified by phone or e-mail before 10:00 AM on the lesson day.
- THERE ARE NO MAKE-UPS GIVEN FOR LESSONS MISSED WITHOUT NOTICE.
Learning to play the piano is a fun and enjoyable experience. I do my best to make it so. Want to share the joy of music with your friends? I offer gift cards as a thank you for all referrals that become students.
Please review and return a signed copy of the attached contract at the first lesson.
SIGN BELOW AND RETURN AT FIRST LESSON.
PARENT / STUDENT CONTRACT
- I confirm that I, the student (of parent of student) below, have read and fully understand The Studio of Shirley Schwartz lesson policy including rules regarding payment due dates and lesson cancellations / late arrivals / no shows.
- I agree to provide a suitable keyboard for the student, _______________________(name), and ensure they will adhere to a practice schedule so they can achieve optimal results from their lessons.
- I agree that the student will arrive on time for lessons.
- I understand that failure to adhere to these policies may result in termination of instruction.
(Parent) Printed Name